The system need to be in compliance with NZS4512 at all times, and maintained at specified intervals.
Deficiencies are to be remedied immediately.
Fire alarm activations are to be restored to normal as soon as possible.
A contract is to be in place with all systems.
Only qualified persons are to maintain the system.
A suitably qualified person needs to test:
- Battery voltages and suitability
- In ISOLATE mode check zone circuits and all indicators.
- Test the alerting devices.
- If remote signaling is fitted check signals are received.
- Test report completed and results entered in fire log book.
All the above monthly checks plus:
- All warning indicators
- Test all MCP’s
- 2% of heat detectors (10% if any failures and 100% if any further failures)
- 20% of Smoke Detectors (40% if any failures and 100% if any further failures)
- Any other type of detector to manufacturers recommendations.
- Replace any failed devices
- Test all detectors in sequence over the following years.
- Minimum test of 1 detector per zone.
- Test each zone from the End Of Line or the most remote device.
- Visually check all other devices and components.
- Aspiration pipe work to be cleaned.
- Check for any change of use within the premises that may effect the systems response and in particular to false alarms.
- Check all indicators are current and visible at 2m
- All defect warnings to be simulated.
- All alerting devices operate.
- Interfaces to be checked for correct operation.
Insulation of cables as follows:
Report to show all tests and results copied to the owner and with the compliance
Any repairs or adjustments are carried out.
- Earth to conductor (Where no devices connected)
- All other wiring